Sunday, November 14, 2010

Holiday Colors

Why do holidays have color themes? How are these colors chosen?
I could make up an answer, but I wont. Honestly, I really don't know.
I can't really tell if I like it or not, though. It's great to wear red and green around Christmas, it makes you feel extra festive, but if you wear red and green in July you feel like a lost elf. Holiday colors ruin some color combinations in other seasons. Whenever I see orange and black, or orange and purple, I immediately think of Halloween. That color combination has been ruined for me.
Holiday colors are nice-when it's holiday time.

Here are some popular holiday color combinations:

New Years: gold, silver, white


Valentines Day: pink, red


St. Patrick's Day: green, green, and more green


April Fools Day: green, again


Easter: blue, green, yellow, pink, purple


Independence Day (4th of July): red, white, blue


Halloween: black, orange, purple, green


Thanksgiving: brown, orange, yellow


Christmas: red, green, silver, gold, white






Fashionably,
The Fashioneur

No comments:

Post a Comment