Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Hint of Fall



This is the most awkward time of the year for Texas weather. One day I'm pulling out all my fleece blankets and the next I'm turning on the AC. I put together this simple outfit as something versatile to wear through the morning with a sweater when it's a bit chilly and to stay cool in when it warms up in the afternoon.



I found this H&M safety pin top in Vancouver last year and immediately fell in love. It's understated edginess and relaxed shape create the perfect balance and make this shirt stylish and easy to wear. To add extra layers, a simple black sweater would work great!



My earrings are from Strut, I used them to tie the whole outfit together and bring in the different themes.


I absolutely adore these knit shorts. I found them on sale for $10 at Urban Outfitters and they are super cute and comfy. They are the perfect shorts for the weather between summer and fall in Texas: their sweater-like fabric makes them more fall appropriate while their length keeps you cool.


My moccasins are from one of my favorite stores, Nordstrom Rack. Their impressive shoe selection puts a regular Nordstom to shame: most of the shoes are marked down 60% off! These Minnetonka moccasins were originally $65, and I bought them at $24. And get this: these exact same boots are still carried in regular Nordstroms at full price. Last season? Nope.


Top: H&M
Shorts: by Corpus (Urban Outfitters) $10
Moccasins: Minnetonka (Nordstroms) $65 $24
Earrings: Strut



No comments:

Post a Comment