Saturday, September 17, 2011

Austin City Limits: The Music and Style, Day 2

Today was a beautiful day, it was wet, and in Texas, that is a beautiful thing.


My look for day 2

The start of my day was at The Antlers show. This indie rock band has catchy lyrics, a big sound that draws you in and keeps you there the entire time.






The 77Kids booth at Austin Kiddie Limits had some awesome hairstyles...






ACL style was overwhelmed with tribal and hippie looks today.
 



Fringed shirts are as big as Texas right now


















Even the Texas heat cant keep the boots away!













In the afternoon I went to see Cut Copy, which I hadn't heard much of, and it was my favorite show of the day. Cut Copy creates a sound that you just cant help but dance to, I got up in front and just joined the crowd of mostly strangers, all swaying together, clapping hands, tapping feet, nodding heads.

On my way to see My Morning Jacket I came across a band called Chromeo, and I instantly fell in love with it's irresistibly danceable sound. It's like electro-funk and rock, with a little hip hop, that somehow works out to create amazing songs that are easy to fall in love with.







My Morning Jacket put on a fantastic show, I could have stayed all night. They have great, big sound that spread across the entire park echoing out into the night. My Morning Jacket is a band that has stayed strong through the years with amazing music (and hair).




Across the park, twenty minutes late (the reason unknown), Stevie Wonder preformed to a huge crowd of fans of all ages. An amazing end to another fabulous day. 

Fashionably,
The Fashioneur, for 77Kids at ACL

1 comment:

  1. Lovelovelove these posts about ACL. I didnt go but I recognize some of the people you photographed. :D

    ReplyDelete