Sunday, September 18, 2011

Austin City Limits: The Music and Style, day three

Despite the brutal heat, today was another great day at Austin City Limits.

My outfit of the day...



The first show I went to today was the Head and the Heart, which I had't heard much of before today, but I will be listening to more of their music in the future because I absolutely loved the show and their unique sound.

A little later I wandered over to the Walkmen show, another band I didn't know very well. I am surprised I haven't heard of them before now, because they are fantastic.

Here are some of the styles from today...


















































Later in the afternoon I went to see Broken Social Scene. With towels over their heads to keep out of the sun that beat down over the park, this band swept a wave of cool over the crowd. All of the band members filled the stage and the park with amazing sound.

At sunset I went to see Fleet Foxes, their beautiful harmonies filling the field of people spotted with drops of rain. Fleet Foxes produces wonderful modern folk music with a slight electric edge.

As the last light in the sky faded, Empire of the Sun began a magnificent performance filled with bright lights that stretched across the crowd and into the black night around it. They have a very unique sound that you just can't resist dancing to.






To end the night, one of my all time favorite bands put on a spectacular show. This headliner's indie rock music got the already anxious crowd clapping their hands and pumping their fists to the music that created the grand finale of this year's Austin City Limits.





Fashionably,
The Fashioneur for 77Kids at ACL

Thank you so much 77Kids! This weekend has been a truly wonderful and amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment