Monday, August 13, 2012

Austin Fashion Week: Day Two


Although it was very different from the first, my experience of the second day of Austin Fashion Week was just as exciting as the first.

My outfit of the day...

Earrings: New Zealand

Sunglasses: Garage Sale

 
Top: Vintage Banana Republic, Bandeau: Urban Outfitters

Shorts: Forever 21

Bag: Target

Shoes: Target

The first show I went to today was hosted by the Barton Creek Mall. It consisted of looks from Macy's, Gap, Banana Republic, Bebe, White House Black Market, and Dillard's.




















 













The next show I went to was at the Salon at the Domain. The salon was small but cute, and the vintage inspired designs had a perfect tone of classic elegance.




After the show I was able to get a short interview with the designer, Adrienne Ferreira Yunger. Yunger started in the fashion industry in 2003, after studying fashion at the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio. She originally started working in menswear but found her true passion in women's."I get inspiration from old movies" says Yunger, "I'm always watching TCM." Her love for vintage sprouted at a young age: growing up, she shopped at vintage and consignment stores instead of department stores. "I never found anything in department stores that I liked" explained the designer "I love classic looks, they're timeless."




The moment I stepped out of the Salon at the Domain, I was blinded by the exquisite golden sun that was setting just ahead.









Lastly,  I visited a showing of Little Black Dresses designed by Dina Chavez. I loved these detailed ensembles!




No comments:

Post a Comment