Friday, August 24, 2012

Case in Point: The Stylish iPhone Case Dilemma

I do not drop my iPhone off bridges, I do not throw it 60 feet across parking lots, I do fling it into bon fires. But yes, much like your average iPhone owner, I occasionally drop my phone on the sidewalk. This is where my dilemma arises. I do not need one of these...
 The Griffin Survivor
Or even one of these...

The Otter Box Defender
Something like this...
Speck CandyShell
I like the idea of a hard and soft case, without the bulk. This led me to Speck's collection of more colorful cases, which seemed like the perfect choice: Protective, colorful, sleek, and affordable (at only $35). Apparently everyone else thinks the same thing. I began to notice that every other iPhone user had a Speck CandyShell case. The two less popular color combo's I liked the most were the FineWine Burgundy and Sunflower/Peacock. Remembering the broken edge (at the bottom, in front of the USB port) on my old Speck case, and how much fun a unique case can be, I decided to keep looking. 



The next brand I looked at was Case Mate. I liked the idea of having multiple designer's design their more stylish cases, any of which you could purchase as a "tough case", which had the basic back cover with a cute design, and a rubber case that wrapped around the front edges. The only problem? I didn't find any designs I loved, and the black rubber doesn't look great. These are my favorite of the designs.







Then I fell in love with this Case-Mate tortoise shell case. The major problem? It provides little to no protection for my phone. I then decided to compromise. 

I concluded that I would be okay buying a super cute hard case (with no rubber) as long as it wrapped around the front edges of my phone. I had seen some cute designer cases like that, so I began my search into the wonderful world of designer iPhone cases, most of which are around $40. Only a few designer's have hard cases that wrap around the front. I found the most that I liked from Kate Spade.







I would suggest buying designer cases from Nordstroms, they have a great selection both in-store and online, and they ship online orders for free. I ended up with this super cute Kate Spade Composition Notebook case, $40 from Nordstroms. The design is simple and stylish, it's a unique case, and the black and white will go with every outfit!











No comments:

Post a Comment