Sunday, September 2, 2012

Week One: Back to School

This week I played around with neutrals-and proved that they can be a lot of fun!

DAY ONE:
My first day outfit was relatively simple. This black and white striped/chevron dress is cute but still a little edgy. The moccasins give the look a touch of an aztec feel (brought out by the chevron part of the dress), and are a similar color to the backpack. The basic belt brings everything together-the colors and neutrals, and hints of preppy and tribal styles.

Dress: H&M
Bag: Urban Outfitters-Baggu
Belt: Target
Shoes: Target-Mossimo Supply Co.



Nail Polish: Braziliant by Essie

 


Earrings: Strut

DAY TWO:
More stripes! This outfit is simple and casual, with a lot of fun details-like the stitching on the sleeve of this shirt! The light wash, slightly high waisted jean shorts were originally full length jeans that I cut off. With the brown belt, they give the outfit a vintage look. Even though it made me feel like a little bit of an 80's child, I decided to play with the color in this tee and match it to the bright blue hair tie and yellow headband.
Top: Urban Outfitters - I bought this tee on sale for $5!
Belt: Vintage 
Shorts: Vintage Jordache 
Shoes: Urban Outfitters



DAY THREE:
I felt a little like I was wearing a cape today with this high-low top, but it's such a fun layering piece! To balance out the flowing top, I wore a lace print body-con skirt and lace trim tank, which tied the whole outfit together.
Top: Cotton On
Tank: H&M
Skirt: Cotton On 
Flats: Converse





No comments:

Post a Comment